Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hes spraying everything and i need advice for an older cat

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

Horris has gone two weeks without spraying or urinateing on anything. But this morning he sprayed deckers bed and my swiming bag all in one go. When ever i catch him about to or doing it i give him a tap on the bum and say no

the other week he even sprayed my mom, who was not happy with him.

My room now smells of cat piss again :(

hes being fixed on sept 2nd as its the soonest i can get him there. But does anyone have any tips that i could to stop him because im thinking i may have to restrict the rooms hes allowed in.

also my mom's older cat kira is having some problems. she anywhere from 13 yrs old or older. She never been to a vet in the 7 yrs weve had her as my mom cant afford it. She has always has this habit of sometimes going to the bath room beside the litter box or upstairs on the carpet. Last night i nearly steped in a big mess she made on the stairs. I was wondering if it was possible with old age that she may not be able to make it to the litter box before she goes?

shes is an extremly shy cat and will only come out for my mom and sometimes on surprise for me but she had under the chair in the living room all day. Also ive noticed when i got a hold of her the other day the gum around one of her front teeth seems to be resideing?? and she also having trouble eating hard solind crunchies

any adive please

2. ambercat

ambercat PetForums Senior

Hopefully Horris's hormones will settle down one he is neutered, but that won't be immediate after the op I'm afraid. Isnt there another vet you can take him to that could do the operation sooner?

Kira sounds like she may have dental problems so she also needs a vet visit asap, and they can check her general health at the same time. It is possible that she's having trouble getting to the litter tray as you thought, so perhaps your mum could provide another tray at another location, so at least Kira's always got a tray close by. I would also try using a different litter, sometimes cats just take a dislike to the kind of litter they may have been using for years. As she's older her paws may be more sensitive and she may not like the feel of the litter you are using (if its larger granules especially) :)

3. Miss.PuddyCat

Were i work i need to give five weeks notice for any requested days of that i want, it can be annoying as ive had to cancel his appointments in the past because of it grrr. Plus my mom has to ask for the day of as well so i have a ride there to drop him off and pick him up. About two months hes just started going nuts peeing and spraying on everything before that it was really rare but know its everyday or so.

My mom cant afford to take kira to the vets, i could takr her but its gonna have to be after i take horris and tidbit in because i cant afford to take them all in at the same time. Ill defiently look into getting another litter box and different litter.

4. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

Is your Mum on any type of benefit? Is she in the UK? If so it might be worth contacting a cat charity to find out if she could get any help with vet fees.

I am pretty sure that RSPCA or Cat protection may run vet clinics and/or give vouchers.....

Have you googled it?

Here is PDSA info:

http://www.pdsa.org.uk/eligibility.html

You do have to be on benefit though. Other alternative could she arrange with vet to pay off the bill over a time period?

#4 Janee, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  5. Miss.PuddyCat

She is not on any benfit and i live with her here. Ill defiently look into a charity or take her to the vets myself.

I check out litter yesterday as i picked up food and they had one that looked like pellet of paper?

would that be soft enough for her feet? I forget the name of the brand.

Would it also be worth while to invest in brushing all my cats teath?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice