Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

He's home

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ellenlouisepascoe, Feb 6, 2018.

1. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

I wasn't supposed to get him back till tomorrow but I got a call to say Taz was back with the vets today and I asked if I could pick him up early.

How such a large life and personality can fit in something so small almost feels wrong. Our initial plan was to bury him in Adams Mams garden beside Molly but now I have him back I really don't want to say goodbye again.

Sleep easy smelly boy. We miss you.

20180206_172758.jpg

received_10155970409992978.jpeg

2. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I have three caskets containing the ashes of my goldens, I really can't quite part with them. We thought we would bury them in the garden, but have now decided that when we die we will mix all the ashes together and put them with ours and all go off together:)

3. ellenlouisepascoe

That's a really nice idea. I don't think I'll end up burying them I'd like to keep them here but will let my husband make the final decision as Taz was his dog first.

4. Rott lover

Rott lover once you go black and tan you never come back

I always swore I would scatter the ashes or bury them or what ever but have yet to be able to.They are still all on the hutch.

ellenlouisepascoe likes this.
  5. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

We are keeping Florence's ashes until it's sunnier and then we will take her to where OH's dad is buried, but for now it is more of a comfort to us that her remains are here with us in her special place.

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to say goodbye again.

6. Biffo

Biffo PetForums Senior

I feel the same too, we were going to scatter the ashes but have kept them, when we go, they will come with us. One of my regrets is that we did not keep the ashes of our first dog who died 11 years ago.

7. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

Ty's ex-mom had him cremated when he died. The Crem were absolutely wonderful, so helpful and caring.

Unfortunately the courier company they used were not. She was meant to get a text to tell her when the ashes would be delivered to make sure she would be in to sign for them. She was assured they would not be left without a signature. Hmmm hmmmm. Turns out they arrive in a parcel similar in size to the boxes that phones are delivered in. The courier faked her signature and left the parcel outside her door. It's not been seen since.

The Crem couldn't have been any more sympathetic and refunded the cost. But that hasn't really made up for what happened. She was heartbroken and I was pretty upset as well.

8. rottieboys

rottieboys PetForums Member

I have my Diesel and Honey in wooden caskets in my bedroom...They are going to be emptied out and buried with me when I go.

Sarah H, ellenlouisepascoe and Siskin like this.
  9. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

The ashes of my last dog are still in a display cabinet at my mum’s house...we’ve never even discussed scattering them. I guess we just all knew he’d stay with us.

I like the idea of scattering the ashes of our pets with ours.

ellenlouisepascoe and Siskin like this.
  10. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

That is so sad, I know I would have been heartbroken

11. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Welcome home Taz, back where you belong.

12. ellenlouisepascoe

Thanks everyone

@Mirandashell that must have been devastating.

Me and my husband have had a chat and we are going to keep his ashes. He's on top of the fish tank at the moment until we are 100% sure of what we want to do

13. MaggiesMom

MaggiesMom PetForums Senior

Just as another thought, each time I lose a guinea pig I bury the ashes in a huge plant pot and placed a plant that will continue to grow and flower each year (but not outgrow the pot) . So I have a rose bush, a japonica (smells beautiful & very hardy) a skimmia and something prickly that has little pink flowers on it in the summer. That way when I move no one gets left behind. My mum has my last dogs ashes on her fire place and I have her name tag on my key ring x

ellenlouisepascoe and Sarah H like this.
  14. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

So glad he's home. I like his pot, very sweet.

15. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

M'boi died when we were in Cornwall, so her ashes were scattered on the cliffs facing France so her spirit could fly back home to Hungary.

I swear when we arrived back home a few weeks later I fleetingly saw her racing down the garden to meet us.

16. Boxerluver30

Boxerluver30 Hound Lover

17. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Awww glad he’s home, where he belongs x x

Just a FYI, if you intend for your ashes to be put in a church yard, they won’t allow other ashes as it’s sacred ground - we recently interned my grandparents ashes together and were only allowed to mix them together as my nan who died 15 years before my pap, her ashes were still sealed and the priest then checked all the relevant paperwork before he himself mixed them.

Your relatives would have to sneak in, under the cover of darkness and sprinkle them on top of your plot.

That’s awful :(

18. Pardis

Pardis PetForums Member

Glad you have him back. I'm sure this helps in the grieving process, horrible as it is. Internet hugs to you and your family!

I still wish we had done this with our family dog I grew up with. Would have been nice to have something... tangible left.

Rott lover and ellenlouisepascoe like this.
  19. ellenlouisepascoe

Thank you everyone I'm so grateful for all the kind words over the last week x

Rott lover likes this.
  20. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry Ellen until I saw this thread I didn't realise you had lost little Taz. Thinking of you all, he was such a smashing little fella and a credit to you, x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice