Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Herpes Vaccine

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by abbscats, Aug 15, 2009.

1. abbscats

abbscats PetForums Member

Would like to ask opinions on pregnant bitches having this - do you vaccinate them durin pregnancy? Does it protect the pups? The vets said 'dont bother' but would like you experienced views please :confused:

2. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

We have used it for the past 5 - 6 years now with no ill effect got a bit of info on it somewhere although it is quite old now but may be worth a read - will look it out for you ;)

3. abbscats

abbscats PetForums Member

thanks would appreciate that. Is it just 1 jab a week before welping?

4. clueless

clueless Banned

Hi My Vet injects the Bitch 48hrs from mating and 2nd injection 2 weeks before due date A lot of people have good things to say about the CHV Vaccine, especially ones who have lost litters to fading puppy syndrome

5. Dudleyoscar

Dudleyoscar PetForums Newbie

My Labrador bitch has now lost 4 of her 7 pups due to the virus :((. I wish I had pushed my vet on the matter as he told me not to bother to vaccinate. It's been heart wrenching watching them die. IF I were to breed again I would definately vaccinate...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice