UK Pet Forums Forum banner

here's the pup

583 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  dobermummy 
#1 ·
well i've had sampson 2 weeks now and he's settling in fine, the cat has lived upstairs for 2 weeks though, i do introduce them, i cradle the cat while the dog walks around us and generally walks off. last weekend they both sat in the garden 4 feet apart for a while and once the cat was on a chair in the kitchen and the pup nosed her then walked away, no hissing or anything. i thought it was cracked then but the cat has been much more elusive this week. took sampson to my first pre season football friendly, i gave him to the managerfrom the other team who had him for 10 mins ., then he tied him to the railing by the sideline ( he was on a five metre lead) . a young boy spent most of the rest of the match with him cuddling and taking photo's. He seems to love everyone he meets , he's 15 weeks now and at the vets today he was 22 kg. at the moment he is on a normal lead and collar, is there a better set up for training , he has also just farted and it really stinks :eek:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Very very gorgeous!! I want!! lol!!

#5 ·
his lovely what breed is he?

Jsut a tip on the cat introducing dont hold your cat with the dog there, its scares them more, hold the dog on a lead & put the cat on a high surface so he can run away whenever he wants & teach the pup not to chase him! :)

#8 · (Edited)
his lovely what breed is he?

Jsut a tip on the cat introducing dont hold your cat with the dog there, its scares them more, hold the dog on a lead & put the cat on a high surface so he can run away whenever he wants & teach the pup not to chase him! :)
tomorrow i 'll put the cat ( bigfoot, he has 7 toes on the rear and opposable thumbs on the front) on the kitchen table and see what happens, thanks for the tip, luckily the dog doesn't chase him ever, this is one reason why i got the breed i did. he's an estrela, i can't take him anywhere without getting stopped and chatted to about him, most people get transfixed with his paws, which are massive.

#9 ·
tomorrow i 'll put the cat ( bigfoot, he has 7 toes on the rear and opposable thumbs on the front) on the kitchen table and see what happens, thanks for the tip, luckily the dog doesn't chase him ever, this is one reason why i got the breed i did. he's an estrela, i can't take him anywhere without getting stopped and chatted to about him, most people get transfixed with his paws, which are massive.
I am just transfixed by him :001_wub: i can't wait to get my new puppy in the next couple of years!!
I am going for a giant breed possibly Leonberger or St Bernard! I just can not decide................its so stressful lol!!
x

#12 ·
lol love the name! Iven ever heard of that breed before! I will look them up!

Good luck with the cats & pup meeting! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.