Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Here we go again

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by RachyBobs, May 17, 2010.

1. RachyBobs

RachyBobs PetForums VIP

Some may remeber the issues i had with snowy to JRT whom i took on for my step-dad. Well he has been very quite, normal for about 3 months. He had a bad turn and we took him to the vets for some steriods, he seems hyper and always horny :lol: My collie is 18 she hasnt been in season for a good 10 years, yet he still follows her found with his mouth stuck to her a*se all the time. He stands over her and licks her hair backwards :confused: trys to hump her but it fails. Shes totally deaf so he doesnt bother he, she just lies there fast asleep while he barks for her attention. We crate him to keep him away and he barks constantly, cant have any phone conversations because he has a loud JRT high pitch bark. Hes also started weeing in the kitchen and has been caught doing it. Step-Dad is in a pickle now as hes tormenting everyone and he tries to attack my cats when I pick them up. Hes 15, cant be castrated due to age and health...

Im just stuck.. :confused1:

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Don't know what to suggest but didnt want to read and run (((hugs))) you have been through alot, and have tried very hard with this little guy well done, many people would have just got rid of him ages ago x

3. RachyBobs

RachyBobs PetForums VIP

Aww thanks :( I know its a tuff one. I want to take on the rescue pup to as she has nowhere else but fear this chap is gonna be a bother :(

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Only other thing I can think of is if you know someone who doesnt have any other pets and is at home most of the time to look after him, I rekon he would calm down a bit and be a bit more settled on his own.. but of course its up to you step dad really xx

5. RachyBobs

RachyBobs PetForums VIP

Nobody wants him as hes so highly strung and needs medication twice daily :(

6. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I am sorry, but I know what I would do. Why should you be putting up with him and spoiling your enjoyment and your other dogs' lives.
    Well done for taking him on but maybe time to proudly admit defeat.
    The dog cannot be that happy either to be behaving like that.

7. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I say give 'em a good old kick up the bum :thumbup:

Atlest you got 3 months of peace, sorry to hear he's up to no good :rolleyes: hopefully you'll find something to do, good luck

8. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Hmm,maybe Blitz is right. You have given him so much 'extra time' already if no one else would have him a rescue *might* have pts in his age and condition.
    You have tried very hard with him but he is clearly not happy, with the constant barking, and neither are some of you other dogs xxx

9. RachyBobs

RachyBobs PetForums VIP

I know we have discussed that but I just cant seem to do it never mind think it. I know if he carries on im gonna have to. To make matters worse, he goes for my wolfhounds - most people find it amusing that a JRT tries to start a argument with the largest breed in the world :lol: blush is not bothered.. Hattie on the other hand doesnt stand for it and I am terrifed she snaps one day

10. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I have to agree that it might be time to PTS. He can't be happy neither are you or your dogs. He's 15 he's had a long happy life

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice