Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Here is Simba.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by vivien, Jun 14, 2019.

1. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Simba has settled very well with his foster carer. He doesn’t want to come out of his pen though, he seems to feel safe in there
    His face has healed up lovely. His eye was closed when he was finally caught.

9956B2E7-4BAC-40A7-8DCC-7DE2AFB1E34C.jpeg EE9D0B67-2979-4815-8BCB-F78FA76EAA93.jpeg
    Just look at those beautiful sea green eyes. <3
    On the down side someone has moved and left all 4 of their cats behind. One is pregnant not sure about the other. And there are 2 boys.
    Linzi wants us to try and catch the 2 girls today. She said she will look after them until space comes available for them.
    To say I am angry is an understatement. I was hoping now Simba is safe and being cared for I could work on the Maine coon cross. I think he’s shutting down mentally. I even had to open my gate yesterday so he would come in and eat. I also suspect he has hip problems as his hips roll as he walks. And he walks very slow. I know he doesn’t look much like a Maine coon but he is bigger than my Yogi who is a Maine coon.
    Here is Ninja (that’s what I call him but he doesn’t respond) he is in a right state I’m afraid. But there is no spaces in rescue at the moment poor boy.

Viv xx

DD3A19ED-2032-422A-B3BC-DDECA67C1468.jpeg
    65E243C1-D5B9-4B3D-9010-968083A62D17.jpeg

F9B7633D-B022-4E94-A757-5BDE1D85FB3A.jpeg

TriTri, noushka05, Psygon and 19 others like this.
  2. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

I’ve liked for Simba being safe not for the others needing rescuing
    Oh Viv you are a kitty angel looking out for them all.
    How can anyone leave their pets behind, it’s animal cruelty, makes me so mad.
    Glad Simba is safe, good luck catching the others, bless you xx

noushka05, AmsMam, chillminx and 3 others like this.
  3. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Yes, liked for Simba but feel so sad for Ninja and the 4 left behind.
    My Jessie was one left behind when her family moved

vivien likes this.
  4. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Look at Simba, bless his little heart, that photo is so moving!

How can people move like that :Yawn it must be heartbreaking and so frustrating.

Poor poor Ninja he needs care now.

Thank goodness your heart is so big to help himxxxxxxx

5. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

Viv it’s a real bitter sweet story. You are a star x

Summercat and vivien like this.
  6. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Simba probably doesn't realise it yet but he is a very lucky boy , paws crossed the rest of his life is full of love and comfort .
    As for the barstewards who felt no guilt at leaving their 4 cats behind may they suffer all kinds of hell from all corners of the globe,
    Good luck with getting Ninga to safety too .
    Viv you and the crew are angels for doing all you can to save these poor cats who deserve so much more x

noushka05, ebonycat, AmsMam and 5 others like this.
  7. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

Oh poor baby’s.

Thank heavens for your kind heart Viv.

I pray that they can all be rescued in time xx

8. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Thank you. I do like to think others would look after an animal in need. :) I really hope once we get the last of the stray cats to safety that we don’t get anymore come round. It makes me so sad to see them struggle like that.
    Thank you. I feel so sad for them too. I’m extremely worried about the Maine coon cross. He seems to be shutting down mentally.
    Thank you. I am happy for Simba.but at the same time sad, as he now has to be an indoor cat. He has FIV so cannot go out anymore. I am sure he will get used to being indoors. My heart breaks every time a new stray turns up. Ninja when I stroked him yesterday had moths come out of him. :( I have never seen that in a cat in my life. I do get frustrated and the air goes blue when I see the poor little mites in such a state.
    Thank you. I’m not a star :oops: I don’t feel like :) anyone would help an animal in distress. :)
    Thank you. I hope they rot in hell. I am putting fresh bedding in the kennel on the doorstep. In case we can’t catch the tiny pregnant one in time, and hope she will use it.
    Thank you. I feel so sorry for them. First the people that owned the cats had a bonfire on 3 consecutive nights, with aerosols exploding. Then yesterday there was someone changing the locks. I tried to stroke the torti but she flinched, so I stopped trying. I will have to get her used to me again as she needs to be caught.
    Again thank you for your kind comments.

Viv xx

9. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Poor babes. :(

Glad to see Simba getting care.

Not everyone sadly would do what you do, which is why so many animals are in need.

Feel so bad for the possible Maine Coon cross boy, that he may be shutting down and giving up.

vivien likes this.
  10. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Me too. I’m so worried about him.

Viv xx

noushka05, Summercat and white_shadow like this.
  11. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Viv, could another Rescue take in the Maine Coon cross?

vivien likes this.
  12. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

Oh @vivien what a wonderful thing you are doing. You are incredible - there are so many people who would just ignore their plight. I’m so pleased to see Simba in his foster home - I hope the others can be quickly caught so you can focus on the MC cross. Poor little one. How anyone can be so cruel I will never know.

Thank goodness there are folk like you - and lots more of you are on the forums too, I know that. In my retirement, I shall be doing the same.

vivien likes this.
  13. Emmasian

Emmasian PetForums VIP

So glad Simba is warm and safe, but my heart goes out to the remaining strays and I agree I hope the abandoners rot in hell.

As a MC mum I find Ninja's story particularly heart rending and just wish there was something I could do. Is he catchable to take to a vet? I don't like the sound of the moths or his bad hips.

vivien likes this.
  14. Gallifreyangirl

Gallifreyangirl PetForums VIP

Viv great to see you have Simba. Bit hope Ninja can be caught and sorted and taken to another rescue.

#14 Gallifreyangirl, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  15. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Linzi is involved with most of the rescues and they are full to the brim. The MC cross will get into rescue as soon as there is a space available. Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of cats that have wandered and got lost because their not neutered or dumped because they can’t stant the perfume ou de Tom. But it doesn’t enter their heads to neuter them. I’ve stopped leasing with a woman on crimewatch Basildon because she is totally blind sided that he wouldn’t go looking for a girl cat as he’s not like that.i think if he’s lost he most likely will go off again as she won’t nueter him.

UPDATE ON SIMBA
    Linzi put his story on pippa’s army last night. He is going to Scotland. He is going to live with another FIV cat. The lady can’t wait to have him go live with her. He was going into rescue there but the lady asked for him.
    This morning I caught the little torti. She has a space waiting. The tiny tabby pregnant cat wasn’t around. Once she is caught the boys from the house will have to wait. Me and Sylvie are going to consume feeding them and interacting with them to hopefully stop them going feral. The MC cross will be one of the first boys to go into rescue. I will update if I get any more updates myself.

Viv xx

16. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Thank you. I just can’t leave an animal in need.
    I love all animals and I have to help if needed.

Viv xx

17. Gallifreyangirl

Gallifreyangirl PetForums VIP

viv sounds like you have as much in place as you can for them. But look after them in mean time. Thanks Viv for a big heart.

vivien likes this.
  18. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Unfortunately if I pick him up he doesn’t come back for a few days. Linzi knows how bad he is, and is working hard to get him into rescue. I am an MC mum too it breaks my heart seeing him like that. Last year when we had the trap for Merlin, he walked into the trap and sat down. But he just had a blown greasy coat and was more responsive, and Merlin was in a bad way so he had to take precedence. Unfortunately Ninja only comes when he’s very hungry which makes me think he has another feeder. So once all the other cats have gone to rescue I will be able to work on him, I’ve noticed also he only comes when no other cats are around.
    thank you. The two girls are important to get in at the moment as the tiny tabby is now showing quite a lot that she is pregnant. So I don’t know how much longer she will carry them. And I caught the torti this morning. I am hoping Linzi will prioritise Ninja. Once the two girls are in rescue.
    thank you. Always my life is animals and I would never see any of them go hungry or have no human contact.

Viv xx

19. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

What can I say Viv that hasn't already been said , you are making such a difference to the future of these poor cats.
    Hopefully the pregnant girl can be caught before it is too late and she has to give birth alone outside :( x

noushka05 and vivien like this.
  20. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

I hope she hasn’t had them yet too. She is so tiny, about the size of a 6 month old kitten.

Viv xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice