UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Ouch, she's one tough cookie, wouldn't want to mess with her - if I was a conker :lol:

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Just be carefull I read somewer that conkers are posionous to dogs. I don't know about the shells but we have loads of conkers lining the road the kids are always knocking them down but I always keep the dogs well away from them.

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just be carefull I read somewer that conkers are posionous to dogs. I don't know about the shells but we have loads of conkers lining the road the kids are always knocking them down but I always keep the dogs well away from them.
Thank you for the warning. I do know this and she was very closely watched.:)She managed to get a small branch and once she had shredded it and killed the conker she lost interest.. but it was fun to watch her!

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Hmmmm.....I know a certain other dog who was a bit bonkers as a pup and slayed conkers; together with her ingenuity and determination to get food and certain other things I do think the ridgie heritage is starting to show. Hopefully the teen years will be less trying though :scared::lol:. She is so beautiful :001_wub:.

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My daughter knows a few RR owners and they say the same. You can not see it in pictures, as she is dark liver from her Pointer parentage (conker colour),, but where all the RR dark bits are she is black. She has the RR frown too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.