Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Her First Chicken Wing

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by McKenzie, Apr 30, 2011.

1. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I feel like such a proud mummy.

Kenzie had her first chicken wing tonight and boy did she enjoy it! In fact she grabbed it before I had a chance to hold onto it for her and tried to swallow it whole! :eek: Once I pulled it out of her mouth and held the end for her she got the idea that she had to chew it. It was quite incredible how easily she was able to crunch through the bone - a real reminder just what a dog even her size could do to a person if they wanted to.

She's still licking her lips - I think it was a success!

Hopefully she manages to keep it down...

2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Woo hoo - go Kenzie :D

If you are in any doubt you can always give it a good old bash with a rolling pin until she gets used to it.
    Dont think you will have any tum probs. It firms Heidi up nicely lol.
    Great things, clean teeth on the way in and anal glands on the way out:D

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Yay go little'un :)
    Even Willow the giant goldie can now manage to be careful with a little wing so you will get there :001_smile:

4. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Ok there was some runny-ness on the way out. Is that normal?

5. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Could be because it was her first one. They have been the opposite for Heidi from the first one she had.
    Is it possible she's had anything else that could have done it and not the chicken wing?

6. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Yeah could have been something else I guess. She's firmed up again this morning so I'm not worried :) Will see how it goes in a few days when I give her another one.

7. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

i always give mine raw chicken wings when they have bad tummys and are a bit loose. it always helps firm them up and they love them, even when they wont eat anything else.

i love watching them eat raw food, but the crunching is a stark reminder what they are capable of.
    :)

8. rawdogs

rawdogs PetForums Junior

Glad your little one is enjoying tucking into real food,i have been rawfeeding for 9yrs now and i still love to hear those bones crunch:D,on thursday i took in an 11yro min poodle girl,who spent her first 8yrs as a breeding machine and the last 3 as a couch potato,she badly needs to lose weight:(,but the joy on her face when i presented her with a chicken wing just an hour after bringing her home was a picture:001_smile:..
    Hope all continues to go well for you and your little wolf.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice