Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

her 1st heat at 9 months old( HELP)

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Tabitha Thomas, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Tabitha Thomas

Tabitha Thomas PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone. I got a problem. So my pup will be 10 months old at the end of the month. She just came into heat like almost 2 weeks ago . I had family member from my husband side watch after my dogs after I had to leave for a family emergency on my side of the family and I won't be back for 6 weeks. I told him that one of my dogs is in heat and not to let them outside together and to also to cage the dogs after the potty break or play/walk time so no accidental mating would accure. Well.. I was told that he let the dogs out together and they locked up. He claims that she was not bleeding anymore so she was not in heat anymore which is bull crap. Cause I know how dogs work when the females come into heat. I believe he did it on purpose and is trying to play dumb. I won't be back in town for 6 weeks i flew to California for a emergency of my father on his death bed pretty much . My brother in law refuses to take my dog to the vet to get it taken care of. I really thought he was going to be more responsible then this and he was basically my only option to stay at my home with my dogs. 6 long weeks ... I'm beyond. Mad at this point and I can't make it back home to take her. My husband can't either cause he's away on a business trip his self. Would she be ok giving birth on her own this point as she will be 11 months old around the time if birth. Please no rude comments I never expected this to happen and I already feel horrible. If ur wondering I don't believe in spaying /neutered pets.i have never had a litter of pups because I don't ever let my males around my female when she was in heat . I own 2 pitbulls females and 2 males. All intact ages 4,5 and females are 3 and 9 months old. I won't be able to take her to the vet until I return

Attached Files:

2. Jamesgoeswalkies

Jamesgoeswalkies PetForums VIP

No.

Not just because there is a risk of loosing both her and the puppies (and the extreme stress your bitch will be under during this time) but because of the environment that you have left her in with two intact males and another intact female who may not take kindly to her pregnancy and the arrival of the puppies.

With no one there who is willing to take care of your young, pregnant and extremely vulnerable bitch, unless you have a competent friend who is willing to step in and take her, I can only suggest that you ring a local rescue organisation to see if they will go in and take her so that at least she gets the care she deserves over the coming weeks. You will have to relinquish her but as that would be in the best interest of your dog I would suggest that is your only option.

Either that or you or your husband will have to get home and look after her.

J

Rafa, Sairy, Lurcherlad and 2 others like this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

what an awful situation to be in. I think you or your husband just have to go home and get her the mismate injection. What is wrong with your brother in law, can't your sister persuade him to take her to the vet. I am sorry, but trying to keep entire bitches and males is just an accident waiting to happen - I would suggest you get them all neutered as soon as you get home so this cannot happen again. Incidentally, as it sounds like your brother in law has let this happen on purpose how do you actually know it happened. Did he admit to it, in which case why wont he get her to the vet. I would be more than angry with him and I rather think that would be the end of any relationship with him. I understand you are in a dreadful position but if you have a 6 week window you do have plenty of time to get home and sort things out.

Burrowzig, Sairy, Lurcherlad and 2 others like this.
  4. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

This is exactly the sort of situation why most people DO believe in spaying/neutering.

5. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Go home and get her spayed, then go back to California. Or if your husband is closer, tell him to do it. Regardless of the idiot brother in law, the dog is your responsibility.

Burrowzig, gskinner123 and Lurcherlad like this.
  6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Imo only one thing to be done.

Either you or OH go home ASAP and get the bitch the mismate jab and make alternative arrangements for the care of your dogs - who should all be neutered too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice