Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hepatitis

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mavted, Apr 10, 2011.

1. mavted

mavted PetForums Newbie

Good Morning all,

One of my clumber spaniels who is 5 1/2 years old has jaundice, he is at one of the best clinics in the uk ,who inform me on friday hepatitis is likely.where the immune system may be attacking his liver .today is crucial to see how he is,he is on drugs and a drip,in no change today they will do some surgery monday to find out what is going on,the whole family wept all day yesterday .iv'e been up since 4.30 am with my other dog.has anybody got any experience of this with there dogs or know of a similiar case.i would very much appreciate any info.

many thanks

mark.

2. y2klovebug

y2klovebug PetForums Junior

Hi, i haven't had experience of it in dogs but my mum has the same disease - she is on drugs to manage it and has been for 20+ years so dont give up hope. Wish i could help more but didn't want to read and run xx

3. mavted

mavted PetForums Newbie

Thankyou so much for posting ,its just gives us a little hope of our beautiful dog returning.

4. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

I have no experience,sorry. Just wanted to say I hope he/she is much better soon,sending hugs and well wishes!

5. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Mavis went jaundice 12 months ago... She was given a massive course of antibotics and a medication to clear the bile ducts, also S-ame which helps the liver repair itself.. Is the surgery going to be a biopsy of the liver ? I know in some cases they do this so they can get a better idea of the problem and it can indicate to them what drugs to use

hope you get some answers soon xx.

Mavis is still here with me so......
    she proved the vets to be wrong as they thought she wasn't going to make it , but she didxx

6. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

:smile:Hi - no experience from a dog point of view - however one of my relatives has this and had a liver biopsy done then treated with ongoing medication - he leads a pretty normal life - just got to watch out for tiredness and becoming ill as this would affect him more than you or I.

Hope this helps - stay positive and thinking of you all. :smile:

7. mavted

mavted PetForums Newbie

Hi All,

Thankyou for taking time to reply means a lot to me and my family,ted is going to have a biopsy tomorrow and they will have a good look round while they have him opened up.his blood wouldn't clot but they have over come this now.i just pray to god what ever it is he can overcome it.he is eating and walking but still jaundice .i love my dog so much i cried when i took my other clumber out yesterday .....im trying to remain strong.

thanks to all

mark

8. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Fingers crossed here for tomorrow, has the vet given you advice about his diet?

9. mavted

mavted PetForums Newbie

no the vet hasn't said anything yet,because its early days.they are thinking more if hes going to make it.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice