Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hen Rehomers UK - 6th June

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by bluebell, May 24, 2009.

1. bluebell

bluebell PetForums Newbie

Hi Folks -

Just to let you know that if anyone is looking to home ex-battery hens we have a rescue taking place on 6th June. There are still some hens available for rehoming - we do not want to leave them behind.

These hens are endearing little creatures who soon wrap themselves around your hearts.

If you are interested in rehoming ex-battery hens please check out our website www.henrehomers.net.

We have a network of fantastic co-ordinators throughout the country, we are a not for profit organisation who come together solely to get hens out of cages and into loving, permanent homes.

We do ask a donation of £1.50 per hen - this amount not only secures the life of the hen but also goes towards transportation costs.

If, at this time, you are not interested in rehoming ex-battery hens but would like to help please get in touch with us via our website.

Thank you for reading this.

:thumbup:

2. mrobertsel

mrobertsel PetForums Newbie

I think its absolutely wonderful what you are doing and I only wish I could take some off your hands but at the moment I have a small garden and can only manage my 3 girls. As soon as I get a bigger garden (hopefully some land) I will be in touch.

In the meantime can you suggest anywhere I can get someone to look after my 3 Hebden Blacks for a week. They have a lovely coup and a 20' run and so would be quite alright for the week although we let them out into another run when we are at home.

I would be grateful for any suggestions as I am desperate. I do not want to leave them home alone!:sad:

Mary

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice