UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking for a home for my PJR. Unfortunately over the last 12 to 18 months I have been having problems with my hip and can no longer give Fergus the exercise he needs to keep him happy. He is nearly 5 years old with a great personality and has been neutered and is fully vaccinated. He loves people, particularly children and other dogs. When he is at home he loves to be near people and will quite happily be a lap dog. His idea of heaven is going on long walks in the countryside and chasing rabbits! Likes to be able to run free and doesn't like being on the lead. Loves swimming. Travels ok in the car. I think he would love being on a farm where he would make a good ratter or in the country. He has no road sense at all! He is fine with my house cats and my 3 hens. If there is anyone out there who thinks they could give Fergus the kind of life he needs please get in touch.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just can't afford to employ a dog walker. They charge around £10 an hour around here and that would eat into my pension. I do love Fergus but know that he needs to live a dogs life and he will not be able to do that with me anymore. Have been taking him short walks along the road but he has so much energy and this doesn't suit him at all.

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
thats a shame, you would have thought somebody would do the dog walk for the love and help, but i suppose every little thing needs paying for these days.
i will keep my ears out for you, shame i dont live closer to you as i would happily take the dog for miles free of charge.
have you posted on the dog section for rehoming?

G

·
I told her to list in cats and poultry section as well as the dog, as a number of people with hens have said they would love a dog, but dare not risk their free range hens. It is rare to find a terrier good with cats and hens... She has a good chance of offering a poultry person a proven safe dog, rarely offered.

G

·
There's one on another of her threads. Classic rough coat, red head, white body. I SO love PJRs

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Would a friend/neighbour not take him for a walk with their dog? My little offlead dog would love a playmate on our walks and I would readily take another dog with us if needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.