UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

My nearest shelter is around 25 miles away so it isnt exactly local as such but I would like to do something to help them. I'm unsure what would be a good idea as volunteering in person is quite difficult due to distance and I dont have a lot of spare income so small donations whilst possible are not going to be able to be a regular thing.

I also know of a lady who takes in waifs and strays. She had my sisters cat and she pays for all of their food etc so I would like to do something for her too really.

Any ideas of how I can help?

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Contact them - they may need someone to help with admin, or keeping their website up to date. Or they could have some publicity days planned and need someone to rattle the collection tin. Or maybe even go to local schools and talk about what they do :)

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
agree with above post, there is more to be done for charities than just volunteering at the shelter itself. they might want you to do some fund raising, or even be grateful if you could do advertising or maybe you could even do local home checks for them.

you could also buy a tin of food or a little packet of treats every week and then once you have collected enough you could pop down with it. also some places will be happy to accept donations of old sheet and blankets and things like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.