Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by caelsgirl, Aug 11, 2009.

1. caelsgirl

caelsgirl PetForums Junior

Hi there,
    Our pup is 8 months old, and kennel reared. we brought him home just over 2 weeks ago. He was housetrained in less than a week.

The only problem is, he seems to be pooing when nervous or distressed.

I.e when he is left on his own for a short period (when i nip to the shop) i'll take him out before i go, give him the command, he'll poo and wee. But when I get home he's soiled all over his crate! normally he's caked in the stuff!

It's the same when we put him in the car, we have an estate, after about 5 mins in the car he'll poo!

Help please!!!!!:(

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Sounds like stress or seperation anxiety. I imagine coming from a kennel enviroment into a home is extremely hard on a dog.

If you search seperation anxiety, there are a few good threads in the training section. Its not soemthing ive ever had to deal with.

A behaviourist might be an idea. You can get a referral through your vets, and many insurance companies will cover the costs (if you have insuraance).

3. caelsgirl

caelsgirl PetForums Junior

Yes we have insurance, I thought it may be this too. tried some drops from the vet, didn't work. Tried gradually accostomizing him to being left, putting him in his crate for 5 mins whilst in the room thn gradually bumping up the time and moving further out the room each time, all to no avail! He doesn't make a peep, but when i return he's pooed! EVERY time! as soon as i leave him! i could be sat the other side of the baby gate where he can see me and he'll still just poo! i've ignored it everytime, not gotten him out straight away as was told he could assoiciate pooing with me getting him out! I'm at the end of my rope now! :( nothing seems to be working!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice