Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

*HELP*

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Abbygayle Green, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Abbygayle Green

Abbygayle Green PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone! I’m looking for a bit of advice here. I have two bonded rabbits. Travis is a male mini lop who’s 18 months old and Twinkie is a female lionhead who’s 6 months old.
    I had Travis spayed two months ago, but I put him back in with Twink too soon, and they had a surprise litter five weeks ago. The four babies are all alive and healthy and after slowly reintroducing Travis (dad) they all seem to be getting along well.
    Just for a bit of background, the rabbits have a “rabbit room”.
    So they free roam upstairs as much as they please and then at night time I close the rabbit room door, and bring Travis into my room simply because I don’t yet trust him in there unsupervised overnight although he spends practically all day in there.
    Sorry for the long winded message. The help I’m after is that this was a surprise litter, and I have no intentions of profiting off of it. I’m hoping to keep all four babies (two of which are male and two are female we think).
    So far they are all getting on well but I understand that the older they get the more problems that occur. We are hoping to get the male babies neutered so that all my male rabbits will be done, but the females won’t be. Can’t anyone give me some advice. How do I go abouts the next couple of months of them all living together? I don’t want them to hurt one another.

2. Corneal

Corneal Shelly

All rabbits, even the female ones must be spayed and neutered. Female Rabbits have an 80% chance of contracting ovarian cancer before the age of two.
    Spaying also makes binding a lot easier and stops the females from fighting during their time if the month

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice