Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

help

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by kingston, Jul 31, 2009.

1. kingston

kingston PetForums Junior

Our cat is scratching the seal out from round our windows...you know the black stuff around the outside of the pane! She has done this to nearly every window and I'm afraid our windows are going to break down soon. She is an indoor cat only. Any advice?

2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Spray it with bitter apple - I think pets@home do it.

3. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Have you tried anti scratch spray some of the bigger stores stock it it may help.

4. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

have you got any stratching posts for her? :)

5. Crocky

Crocky PetForums Junior

1) Be sure your cat has a scratching post and room enough to sharpen its nails, especially when she doesn't go outside.

2) Use anti scratch spray to prevent that she starts scratching again. (better spray all things that could look appealing to her).

3) Maybe a little new advice then; when our cat started jumping for the doorknobs, I used balloons. Everytime she wanted to jump, one of the balloons broke. It made such a loud noise it scared the hell out of her. It's kind of rude, I know :blushing: , but she never did it again!

6. kingston

kingston PetForums Junior

Thanks for the replies. She also scratches our sofas even though I do have a scratching post for her she doesn't really bother with it. I will get the anti scratch spray. How does it work?? I am also going to spray her scratching post with catnip to see if this will work. We are getting new kitty (cream exotic short hair) on Wed. Any tips on how to get him to use scratching post and not window seals/furniture? Any other advice for cat novice? Many thanks to all :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice