Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Samantha Donner, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Samantha Donner

Samantha Donner PetForums Newbie

I’m after a bit of advice/help. So I have a year old puppy and recently rehomed a new dog who is 7. They get on great put my pup Ralph just follows him everywhere. He gets in front of him and don’t let him walk, he forces his head into Barneys(the 7 year old) and will just bark at him constantly if he is resting. Any advice on what I can do to stop this?? thankyou

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

When walking them, keep one on either side of you, and Ralph's lead should be so short that he can't cross in front of you to the other dog.
    Resting at home, as soon as the head pressing and barking starts, remove Ralph from the room and keep him out for a few minutes. If he's on a house line - a short, light lead with the handle removed so it can't snag on things, removing him can easily be done without fuss. If he starts again when let back in, remove him again. He should soon learn that this behaviour earns no attention or rewards. At last resort, you can use a baby gate to keep him from bothering Barney.

Linda Weasel and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Samantha Donner

Samantha Donner PetForums Newbie

Thank you so much for the advice, I will try this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice