Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Tracey110, May 25, 2019.

1. Tracey110

Tracey110 PetForums Newbie

we bought 2 baby rabbits 9 weeks ago, they were 11 weeks today. Yesterday they had their first injections. This morning we woke up to the smallest one lying on his side, I rushed him to vets where sadly he had to be put to sleep. The vet said it was because he was so small and we probably bought him I’ll, there were no signs of him being ill beforehand, was playful when put to bed last night l, could the injection of killed him, I’m not wanting to get the other ones booster in 2 weeks now as scared something will happen to him

2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums Senior

It's unlikely the injection will have been the poor bun's cause of death, but your vet can do a post mortem to find out the exact cause of death. Were they definitely 9 weeks when you got them or could they actually have been younger? Which vaccination did they get this time round? The combi or the VHD? It's rare for buns to react to the vaccination, but not entirely unheard of.

Binky free little bun!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice