Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Macey Mitten, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Macey Mitten

Macey Mitten PetForums Newbie

Hi new here...

I adopted a cat from the RSPCA a 9 days ago. She was the cat that stood out when I went to pick one as she was a little crazy and very playful. She was a bit bitey and scratchy but in a playful way and she was very vocal. It was these things that made me pick her.
    We had to wait 7 days while the RSPCA checked us out and came and did a home visit so we went and saw her every day at the center while we waited.

She came to ours 9 days ago and walked round the house straight away as if she owned the place. After about an hour she came for some fuss, then had a play and was then happy to lie down next to us on the sofa.

When we went to bed she came and slept at the end of the bed for a few hours, then I heard her get up and go for a wonder about. At about 4am she pounced on the bed, saveged my toe (it was sticking out the bed) and then went crazy for about 30 minutes. She was running up curtains, tearing up and down the stairs and attacking shoes and anything that got in her way.
    This has happened every night since at around the same time. She then calms down and comes and lies back on the bed til we get up.

My partner and I both work from home and get to play with her all day. She is a loving cat who loves to play.

Do you think she is just bored? We have to keep her in for nearly another 3 weeks. Is it likely she might stop doing this when she gets to go and adventure outside?

Thanks

2. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

How old is your cat? Sounds to me as if she's having a mad half hour. Perfectly normal in happy healthy cats :D

3. Macey Mitten

They told me she is about a year old.
    If this is normal then thats brilliant, best half hour of the day at our house.
    I sit there laughing (after I have made sure my toes are under the duvet) as she tears round the room.
    My girlfriend was worried though, thought she was not happy and it was her way of letting us know.

Thank you:D

4. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Cats are naturally nocturnal - so they like to be awake during the night or part of it. If you can't cope with it shut her out, but do it now before it becomes a habit, or if you like it accept it. Once allowed outside she may settle down more or she may not.

Piccies please!!!!!!

5. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Oh yes, pictures are compulsory here!

We have 3 cats in total. Thomas is the eldest at 4, he does have his moments, but his mad half hours are less frequent. Then there's Charlie and Lola the kittens, they have frequent mad half hours but if I am honest they're more like mad weeks!

6. scotgirl1488

scotgirl1488 PetForums Newbie

My cat is roughly the same age and is exactly the same lol :) Very normal xx

7. Macey Mitten

We can cope with it. I think its brilliant and she looks like she is having fun in a strange sort of way.
    We were just worried she might not be happy and that it was not normal,

Now I know it is i'll be looking forward to it every morning :D

[​IMG]

8. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Sweet cat = loving the white bib!:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice