Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kimia, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Kimia

Kimia PetForums Newbie

Hi so I have a 1 year old staffy named Milo and I have to give him away today. This is because we simply have no time. I'm always at school or revising for upcoming exams and my mum is always working. My brother doesn't live with us anymore. We also have 2 cats. We found him a really good home .The person that we have found is family with the person that owns Milos parents and other siblings so he will be close to them .I obviously know that this is the right choice but I can't get over my guilt .I love him so much .Can anyone tell me how to get over this guilt ?

2. Tyson1919

Tyson1919 Banned

We done the same thing a couple years back. The guilt does go away but then when I think of the dog I still feel a bit guilty, then I remind myself that we did the right thing as we didn’t have enough time for her anymore. Now after a few years I decided to get another two dogs as my circumstances changed and they are amazing. I won’t ever forget about my old dog but I know that she was in a better home and now I can give two more dogs a good home with me. I also still stay in touch with my old dogs owners so maybe that is something that you could do:)

Kimia and Boxer123 like this.
  3. Kimia

Kimia PetForums Newbie

Tysm for your reply. I 100% will stay in touch .

Tyson1919 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice