Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

help

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by iceman, Jun 24, 2009.

1. iceman

iceman PetForums Junior

hey people, i have a baby gecko, its 2 weeks old & it wont eat for me, it drinks ok & is active, any ideas?

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

When did it last eat, and what temp have you got viv at. Is it a leopard gecko or other breed. My gecko would not eat every day and would go days in between but then in bulk. If you have concerns did you breed it or buy it from a reptile shop. If so ask what it was having there and how much and how often. They should be able to give advice. The advice i was told is dont give insects any bigger than half there head size.

3. iceman

iceman PetForums Junior

its a leopard gecko,it is 2 weeks old i incubated the eggs my self,2 of them hatched,one of them is eating like ther is no tomorrow & the other one hasnt eaten atall for me so far,i feed them every day & they are separated when eating,the temp is spot on too.

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

wHAT LIVE FOODS ARE YOU FEEDING. HAVE YOU CHECKED TO SEE IF PHYSICALLY THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH THROAT AREA ETC NO BLOCKAGES...WHAT SUBSTRATE ARE THEY ON.

5. iceman

iceman PetForums Junior

they are both on small crickets,i use paper towels as a substrate as i dont want them injesting anything they shouldnt.it looks perfectly normal as i checked it against the other baby,as i said,its drinking just not eaten a thing since its hatched!perhaps ther is some internal damage i dont know about?

6. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

7. iceman

iceman PetForums Junior

thanks for the help

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

WTF. I think you're in the wrong forum :)

9. iceman

iceman PetForums Junior

hey guys, thanks for your help but iv found out what was wrong with the gecko, it didnt like crickets!i tried it on some locusts last night & that was it WOO HOO!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice