Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Josilyn, Jul 15, 2017.

?

escaped.

1. Please

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Josilyn

Josilyn PetForums Newbie

Please help my indoor cat has been outside before that is where we found him anyway, he always tries to escape and now that I put in my air conditioner he tries to get out of the sides cuz behind them it's open window and he knows this cuz he's done it before please help me get him to stop

2. maisiecat

maisiecat PetForums VIP

You won't be able to stop him trying to escape. You need to block the holes. If he hates the aircon you need to keep him in a different room or turn it off.

chillminx, buffie and moggie14 like this.
  3. Antonina

Antonina PetForums Junior

Do you take him outside on a harness? If not then perhaps you should try to get him wearing one and take him outside that way. He knows the joys of outdoors so is always going to seek it. My BSH is an indoor cat, has been since we got him at 3 months, and I take him outside on a harness made by Mynwood Jackets (on Facebook). The harness has Velcro so is more adjustable than any harness I'm aware of, though it might take a while for your cat to get used to. Initially my BSH would roll onto his back when I put it on - now he will sit perfectly still waiting for me to do so. He indicates when he wants to go out and if it's nice outside he will stay for a while if not he turns straight back around. Also get an extendable lead of about 3 or more metres. Good luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice