Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by RosieCheeks, Apr 7, 2014.

1. RosieCheeks

RosieCheeks PetForums Newbie

I do hope I've posted this in the correct section but if not I apologise and feel free to move.

Please forgive my ignorance here but I really need some advice about my 3 year old spayed cat.

I've had Toots for about 2 years now after rescuing her from a bad home and up until yesterday I've had absolutely no problems. Firstly let me explain that I live in a bungalow and have trained Toots to go in and out of the bedroom window rather than have a flap fitted. Anyway she was sitting on her window cill mat as per usual when suddenly she starting spitting and wailing, I opened the window to let her out and she shot out like a bat out of hell, I did spot another cat in front she was chasing, both disappeared and that was that. Later she rang her bell (I have a little bell by the window that she rings when she wants to come in) I let her in but saw this other cat outside hanging around but thought nothing of it.

All was quiet until approximately 2am this morning when I was awoken by the wailing and spitting again, at which point, I looked out and saw this other cat, Toots was going doolally so I picked her up and put her in the lounge and shut the door and left her in there for the night.

Tonight, this other cat has appeared again and as I type Toots is wailing and making odd noises, occasionally spitting and jumping up at the window.

I've no idea what's going on - can anyone give me any ideas please?

Apologies for the long first post.

2. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Sounds like toots doesn't appreciate another cat on her territory..

On another note I love the fact toots rings a bell :)

3. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Most cats hate other cats on their territory so you don't want this visitor making a habit of coming or letting yours out so they fight. Also it's obviously causing your cat distress. If you've got a water sprayer, I would spray the cat and hopefully he will get the message.

4. RosieCheeks

RosieCheeks PetForums Newbie

Thank you for the responses. I've never had this before. My last cat, Rubbish, was a terror and never had any problems.

Anyway, I think she's had enough for the night as she's slunk off into the lounge and is curled up on her sofa bed.

NB: As for the bell, it's comical to watch and took me ages to teach her but she just knocks it with her head until I come and let her in through the window.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice