Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help?!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Lauren5159, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

Skip just lost a tooth!

I'm thinking it's a baby one, but he's almost eight months and I thought teething was over :confused:

He was chewing on a toy and I heard him chewing on something hard, then he spat out a tooth... It has no roots or anything but I'm panicking a little bit...

Here's a picture... Is it just a baby tooth?

[​IMG]

2. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

It's a baby tooth,

Don't for get to put under her pillow for the Bonio Fairy :D

3. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

They usually have all the adult teeth by about 7 months although it may be still a puppy tooth. It looks like a carnassial, they can sheer off or you can get a slab fracture. Will he let you look in his mouth to see where its come from and if there is just gum or any base of the tooth still left in place.

4. Lauren5159

It's on the left bottom side... It looks like there's a lump under his gum which could be another tooth? I can see where the tooth has come out, there's two bloody spots on his gum but no remaining tooth or roots?

5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Looks like its a baby one then and came out cleanly, just keep a watch on it to make sure another comes through or there isn't any problems, as long as its not bothering him I wouldn't worry.

6. Lauren5159

It doesn't seem to be bothering him, but now I know, I'll keep an eye on him... Thanks for your great advice :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice