UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister has 2 chihauhas (is that how u spell it?). Both not neutered girls. About 6 months ish or so. She is saying she wants to breed. What can I do to put her off.?

·
Banned
3,379 Posts
Invite her to the forum......if she (well more her bitches) isnt considered suitable for beeding...theres no doubting she will be told so and given reasons why.

·
Banned
21,573 Posts
If she wants to speak to me I'm just about to have my tea, but would be happy to chat to her.

Chihuahua's aren't easy breeds when it comes to whelping from what I understand, I have an easy whelping breed but we still needed an emergency c-section. I lost two pups, one after 48 hours, one after 9 weeks, absolutely heartbreaking, and very expensive to try and find out what was wrong with them, only to loose them. I was £3k in the red after one litter, I won't breed unless I keep a pup back for myself, rescues are overflowing with dogs where breeders don't bother to stay in touch with puppy owners, and don't care once cash has exchanged hands.

Haven't a foggiest what health implications there are with chihuahua's but pending health test results, there's a lot of research to be done regarding appropriate dogs etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.