Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

help

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by lynne29, Mar 28, 2011.

1. lynne29

lynne29 Guest

hi am new to this but just some advice plz guys, my dog is 7 wks pregnant and lost some green string like mucus today, got her at the vets tomorro, but has anyone known of this before?

2. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

Green mucus is NOT good before a pup is born - so at this stage no she shouldnt be lossing green mucus , I wouldnt wait till tomorrow and would atleast ring them tonight!

3. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Ive never bred, but usually any discharge of any sort if its yellowish or green in colour can mean an infection. Hopefully someone will be along with knowledge of breeding. In the meantime it would probably be a good idea to just give your vets a ring and ask his advice if they think its anything to worry about or not to be on the safe side.

4. lynne29

lynne29 Guest

i rang them they said a infection, she still eating and drinking, but just thought i would ask to see if anyone else had this before, thanks

5. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

I would have her at the vets tonight.... Green discharge is not good. I would be incredibly worried if it was my bitch and would be sat outside the vets demanding that they see her tonight.

6. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

I really think she needs to be seen now, green/dark discharge can mean lots of things..Some not so good outcomes :( Get to the vets and demand that they see her straight away.

7. lynne29

lynne29 Guest

8. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

Have you got any other vets, you could get to? Ring back and demand that they see her - she needs checking over.

9. lynne29

lynne29 Guest

no i have not it was only once it happened, but as i say they said not to worry but how can u not

10. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

well its up to you I guess..If it was my dog I would be ringing back every 5mins from out side the practice until someone met me there to see to my dog.

11. lynne29

lynne29 Guest

i wish i could but as a single mam i cant do that and i have no family over where i live!

12. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Best thing I can suggest then is to try and get a sample, and speed up the process tomorrow, or ring another vet and ask for an out of hours visit... yes it will cost a problem, but it could mean the difference between life and death of all puppies AND your bitch

13. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

Not a good situation to be in...Good advice from Tanya.

14. lynne29

lynne29 Guest

cant get a sample it aint happened again,

15. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

It more than likely is an infection, and its possible its caused by a puppy thats died in the womb - aswell as it causing infection its possibly that she will abort the litter. Its a risk you can take if you want - I know if we had rang our vet stating the same, they would have told us to come up straight away! Get your vet to come out and see her....Better safe than sorry with so many lives involved.

16. gladass

gladass Banned

Does not sound good imo Hope bitch is okay and also hopefully she will not need a emergency C section when time comes as your circumstances will make it difficult for you to get her there on time

17. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

My vet once told me to wait until the morning as the symptoms were the same as before. My male llasha x had issues with crystals in the urine. i was crying something i don't do easily BTW and said Rod you don't understand this is different than the other times he's in the bathtub laying down. He was angry but said fine I'll meet you there. My crying saved Toby's life that day as my vet said i will never dispute you wanting to come in again Jill Toby would have been dead in a couple of hours...So call your vet and tell them you are scared s***less cry if you have too.....

18. lynne29

lynne29 Guest

well when i rang the vet she said just to ring if it happens again, they said it could be her plug coming away, i know everyone saying take her now but as i say i cant but we are there first thing

19. lynne29

lynne29 Guest

she is fine in herself still eating and drinking, waging her tail it happened once today just did not know what it was looked like snot and was a pea size!!

20. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

A bit premature at the moment, but have you thought how you would manage if your bitch needs an emergency c section in the middle of the night if you are a single parent and have no one around to look after your children and can't get to the vets?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice