Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

help!!

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by purrlover, Jun 5, 2010.

1. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

Hi all came down at 5 no kittens , came down at 7.45 to 2 kittens stone cold on utility floor , placents still attached! Sorted out the placents and gace them to honey who licked them dry , they have now warmed up tho both aren't rooting for nipples , there is still more to come cos honey is purring and keep changing postion ! , kittens are squirming about and one is making a noise ! Seeing that I don't know how long they had been born could have been at 5 past 5! How long do I let honey labour for before getting worried cheers julie I'm so stressed I missed it

2. purrlover

Forgot to add she's growling at the kittens too is that normal!

3. sootisox

sootisox PetForums Senior

I would keep a close eye on her - and make sure the two baby's keep warm! The babies won't feed if they're cold. Do you have a hot water bottle or heat ped you could use? Some girls won't settle and feed the kittens until they're all born. The most important thing at the moment is to keep the babies warm and stay on hand to help Honey with the delivery of her other babies.

Good luck and keep us updated ... And DONT PANIC!!!

4. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i agree with above post, keep them warm, thats the main thing, she will probably settle down once they are all born, has she had any more yet.:)

5. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

One of my cats was groewling. seemed like she was growling at kittens but i think it was more due to being in pain with the labour.

Good luck x

6. purrlover

Had one more ... all 3 are warm and wriggerling she's in active labour again now so I shall keep u posted xx

7. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Bless her

Good luck x

8. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear it's been a stressful start to to the day. I don't haveany advice to offer but it sounds like your doing a great job as midwife. I'll be watching your thread. Good luck and congrats so far!! xx

9. colliemerles

good luck hun, got everything crossed for you.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:thumbup:

10. purrlover

Had 1 more .so 4 in total all dilute colours woo hoo they are wriggerling and rooting for nipples non have found any yet ! I've looked at honeys nipples no milk there but they are very lumpy ... she's just strted licking her lady bits again do you think there's more to come ? Last one born was tail first ..weights are 1 at 91 gr am 1 at 92 gram and 2 at 93 grams
    Julie x

colliemerles likes this.
  11. colliemerles

great news, cant wait for pics, you done brilliantly.:thumbup:..:thumbup:..

12. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Oh my God Julie can't believe it's finally happening for you & Honey well done both of you sounds like you are doing just fine, so am thinking of you both keep us updated and of course pics when you can ..........aw am so happy for you:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Mo xx

13. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Good weights too. Yikes them being on the floor, what a fright you must have got!

Yay babies at last, you were not imagining after all! :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice