Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by kim needs help, Jun 3, 2010.

1. kim needs help

kim needs help PetForums Newbie

my name's kim and i'm new to this site/forum.

i really need some help if anyone can, i would be very grateful.
    me and my boyfriend have just got two kittens, 8 weeks old, and i never got told anything about injections or how much they'd be before we got them. i looked up everything on the internet and on the sites i looked on it never said anything about injection prices.

what is the average cost of the injections and i was just wondering if there is an organization that would help with the costs or help with paying weekly for them???

as i said i was miss-informed and i love the kittens, i would hate to sell them but if i can't get help i'm afraid i might have to.
    i'm not a bad person just not really a cat person, but they're warming up to me now and i'm slowly getting used to them. my boy loves them, even though he's not allowed near them all the time. my boyfriend loves them and has agreed to help but he's a student as university and he's on summer hols soon and going to be getting a job if he can find one, so when he can he will help.

i'm sorry if this upsets some people, it's just not my fault. if anyone can help me i would be forever grateful.
    also which is the best insurance for cats/kittens??? i'm having a bit of trouble getting price ranges.

thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    kim
    xxx

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

We have the cats insured with more than insurance, I looked around and it seemed the best value. Dont know if you have a vets for pets branch near you but they have some good offers for vaccinations, there is a voucher for half price plus one months free worm and flea treatment in this link http://www.vets4pets.com/images/PetProtectVouchPrint.jpg

3. AlbertRoss

AlbertRoss PetForums VIP

In regard to injections - phone a vet and ask. Some do a 'welcome' package where your kittens will get a checkover, injections and other stuff for a reduced price.

For insurance have a look at my site (link below). You'll find pretty much every decent insurer there and details of what they cover. If you can afford it go for 'lifelong' cover - it's the best thing in the long run. I'm not allowed to put prices there - simply because the price will depend on the breed and age of cat and where you live. There is a very good deal with Tesco at the moment - giving a 35% discount on the first year on their basic policy - although it doesn't show on my site at present.

(I'm in the process of adding a couple of new ones to the page, hopefully today. If you can't see Sainsburys there then Google Sainsburys Pet Insurance. If you can then you are looking at the new site with everything there :thumbup:).

Hope that helps

4. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Why have you got 2 kittens if you're 'not a cat person?'

PS - This isn't an attack on the OP, just wondered if they had been dumped on her

5. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

At my practise they are £30 apx each so for both kitties it would be £120.

6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

yeah I was wondering the same :eek:

7. memmarmite

memmarmite PetForums Member

We're with AXA for pet insurance, they seem like the safe bet as I've heard a lot of good things about them and they are their own underwriters, which is useful. I'd be wary of supermarket-branded policies, simply because I've heard a lot of bad reports about them. Petplan are pretty popular too, as are NFU.

Injections... best advice I can give is to shop around. My practice charges £23 for each of Little Man's jabs, it was well worth asking around as some places charge twice that. Also, if you're short of cash then get in touch with Cats Protection for help with cost of neutering.

8. kim needs help

kim needs help PetForums Newbie

HI! thank you all for the comments, most were really helpful.

in regards to the couple that sold them to me, i saw the mother, it was quite healthy and same colour as the kittens. she just wanted them gone as they had two litters at the same time, as in she had 2 mothers in the house, they were both outdoor cats and got pregnant because she hadn't got them neutered.
    "i'm not a cat person" : i thought i could learn more about them and get better prepared before i got them but as i said before they just wanted them gone, and asked us if we wanted them the day we went to see them, as we were staying over at a friend's house we couldn't, i wasn't sure about picking them up so fast, but didn't want them to go because they were the only little with two girls in, and they were the healthiest we'd seen and they were already wormed and de-fled.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice