Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bullet, May 18, 2010.

1. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

Friday its our 22nd wedding anniversary, then saturday its her birthday, and i aint got a bloody clue what to get her. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared:

2. lucysnewmum

lucysnewmum PetForums Senior

after 22 years together it wont matter what you get her....she will just be impressed that you remembered....lol

3. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

its more than my lifes worth if i forgot:lol:

4. jen24

jen24 Banned

take her for a romantic meal and suprise her wih a new necklace or ring, eternity rings are good to get wives! ooh or get a nice photo of your wedding framed specially or something.

5. borderer

borderer Guest

get her drunk buy her fish an chips then give her a good seeing to:thumbup:

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

What about a meal or romantic picnic for your anniversary and for her birthday a big box all nicely wrapped with a bow and inside lots of small pressies all individually wrapped (choccies, jewellery, books, cd's etc)lucky dip style hidden in packaging?? That way, if you dont know what to get - you've got it covered by the excitement of unwrapping it all and the lovely thought - even if it isnt exactly right.
    Best thing my OH ever did for me on my birthday was run me a bath with candles, champagne and strawberries. One I will never forget.
    Hope this helps and good luck:D:thumbup:

7. jen24

jen24 Banned

i forgot to make a suggestion for her birthday lol. ummmmmmmmmmmmm.....what the lady above me said!! ^^^^^^:thumbup:

8. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

What you like:lol::lol::lol: is it not getting near to Bullets you know "time up"?
    You rub it in :lol::lol:

Love the lucky dip idea too....

Does she like her garden Bullet? Go to a rose specalist or onlline and get a rose named after her. You can getmost names nowadays.
    (no jokes about when she gets pricked while pruning :lol:)

9. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

when were you talking to my OH? This is his idea of a good anniversairy nite :lol:

i'd go with jewellery, diamonds are a girls best friend y'know ;)

10. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

I've always found that sentimental goes down well for special days.....I once did a huge pici frame full of memories....all stuck on like a notice board...pics...tickets to places you've been together....bands you may have seen, cinema tickets....kids firsts....basically your lives together from meeting to engagement through having kids up until now....I did it for the kids dad and it went down really well and to please that miserable git it took a lot lol
    Good luck xx

11. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Ime at the moment trying to think of what my oh can get me its my birthday on monday and our 25th wedding aniversary on tuesday, i get the job every year, i might as just well go out and buy myself something, MEN!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

12. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

:lol: :lol:

yeah what about dinner and a jewellery thingo or chocolate depending on ya budget :cool:
    If it were me though I would be happy with what bordie suggested :thumbup:

13. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

divorce papers?

14. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

my mum did this for me for xmas (ok i know it wasnt from my hubby as an anniversay pressie) but i loved it.... lots of little things all wrapped up in neat little tissue paper, and just when i thought id got to the bottom, i found more stuff. she put it in a gorgeous box she got from tk max. it was a winner with me

cngratulations on your 22nd yr of marriage. i cant imagine being married for that long.... im only on 7 lol.

what about buying her a little bit of something as a suprise then taking her out to choose something special, that way you know it will be something she wants and it will be special cause she will get two in one, a day out with you and a prezzie x

15. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

It's always good to have a box full of goodies and even better lots to unwrap :thumbup:

My brother asked me for ideas for his girlfriend for their first Xmas. I suggested what we had as kids - a huge pillow case (or 2) filled will little knick knacks all individually wrapped. He did it and they have been married nearly 15 years :D:D:D:D (sometimes wishes he hadnt started it).

Boxes work well for birthdays. Unfortunately, no one has done this for me since Father Christmas when I was little but hey ho, I can dream :lol:

Another good one for a birth is a box full of everything relevant to that day, coins, newspapers, music, stamps, hospital parking tickets etc etc.

16. madferrit*

madferrit* PetForums Senior

Thats a start i suppose!!
    We've just celebrated our 10yr anniversary but i got nothing!!! Then a week later it was my birthday and i got............nothing!!!
    Usually my hubbys very good at getting me something lovely but not this year:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice