Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

HELP with weight loss!!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Tillystar, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

Hi every1 im currently starting Tilly on a weight loss regime she is a Tibetan terrier cross current weight 9.2kg n im wanting about 1kg off her so ive started her on WW light n im only feeding 90g + 10g of light sample foods as treat out on walks, at bedtime 1 WW salmon light biscuit. So to have a steady weight loss what amount of exercise would ppl say would be enough to aid this? Thanks

2. SixStar

SixStar Banned

What does she have at the moment? Any extra exercise will have to be built up gradually, but at least an hours exercise, ideally offlead, would be the minimum I would have thought, but ideally more - young terriers should be perfectly able to take whatever they're given.

3. IncaThePup

IncaThePup PetForums VIP

will she play in garden or field like chase ball or frisbee etc?

Treatballs are great for giving dogs exercise and they don't relaise how much running up and down they are doing up & down the path/garden getting their breakfast out! ;)

4. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

Normally she gets bout 45mins a day n most days off lead.

5. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

I live in a flat so no garden.

6. IncaThePup

IncaThePup PetForums VIP

can play with treatball inside too the labyrinth snacky ball is a soft rubber better for indoor if you have hard floors.

will she play in a field off-lead with a ball or something?

7. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

She not the interested in toys outside will play 4 bout 5 mins then get bored, my mum n dad have her a weekend as I work long hours n they will take a ball as where they take her there's not many dogs but I live behind a field so when I take her we see a fair few dogs so she not really intrested in a ball plus she can be protective over toys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice