Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

help with toliet traing bernese

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by samantha, Mar 3, 2008.

1. samantha

samantha PetForums Newbie

hi,my first time on forum,sent one earlier but dont know what happened to it so here goes again,
    i have a ten week old berense mountain pup which i collected from breeder last week,really great at peeing an pooing on puppy training mats in utitly room in house last week but these last few days he seems to be peeing constatly in every spot he can around kitchen,no control on him doing it at all.keep putting him back out in utitly but there are glass doors an he just sits looking in at me with those big sad eyes.!he manages to poo on mats but not the peeing,so far today he has peeed about six times ,..is this normal?love him to bits but getting annoyed having to clean up the mess every time i take my eyes of him.as soon as i let him back into kitchen he will pee even if i keep a close eye on him.i would be really grateful for any help at.
    cheers.

2. andrea 35

andrea 35 PetForums VIP

Thing with puppy mats is it tells them its ok to go in the house i used them when we popped out or in the crate but other than that taking him out side every 20 mins or so should make him realise eventually he needs to go out to do his business cos he gets lots of praise when he does so . But dont scold him it will only make him nervouse of going at all and may start doing it secretly in places you dont see , so do praise the good but ignore the bad , and get lots of carpet cleaner , a good one is to just disolve washing powder in a spray bottle with water the detergent is better at removing the smell .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice