UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, so I have set up a hogitat in my garden ( I know I am quite late with it and so won't get many hedgehogs come!) between my shed and decking, which we have had hedgehogs living under in the past because there is lots of slugs there. I have put it facing away fro the garden, so if any come they won't be a afraid. I have put alot of short cut hay in the house, with some wet dog food and water in a bowl.
Do you think any hedgehogs are likely to come?
This is the house I have: Natural Hedgehog House - HH5

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh thats good! I will get some cat food it's just that I have three dogs (that don't have access to the back garden, where the hogitat is) and they no longer eat the wet food so I have plenty left.
When I say they live there I meant we saw two or three a few years ago, I hope they still come. The decking has also been home to 2 wild rabbits, a mole and 2 bats!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive had a mole dug up the back garden, havent seen him but hes having much fun digging up everywhere.:)
haha we had one when we were having an extension on our house! You don't actually see them, but the builder saw some soil moving and gently lifted it and we put him in a box, so he wouldn't be hurt (the mole that is!) we then put him in a field.

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
ive completely given up with a nice lawn now, i did have the garden turfed last year, looked great then mr mole came along, a lovely pattern right up the middle of the garden.
still its better to dig my garden than next doors as they have dogs and the fine soil comes in handy for hanging baskets.:)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha!
Sadly I didn't get a hedgehog last night, plus one of my very smart (sarcastic!) family members let one of my dogs into the garden and he ate the food! Will NOT be happening again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.