Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

help with roborovski hamsters

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by bbrionyy, Apr 18, 2019.

1. bbrionyy

bbrionyy PetForums Newbie

hello so recently i bought two roborovski hamsters, one of them chases the other around and overall seems to trying to be the more dominant one. im unsure if it’s just playing or actual fighting, they are brothers and have been together since birth. the other doesn’t seem to have any injuries so im unsure whether to separate them or just keep them together but keep a close eye. im also searching for a bigger cage for them so i can fit 2 water bottles, food bowls, bedding etc to stop the chances of them fighting, so if anyone could recommend a bigger cages or some advice I would really appreciate it, thank u :)

2. heidii

heidii PetForums Newbie

Whilst Robo's are able to cohabit a cage, the cage needs to have two of everything a normal cage does. It is two hamsters - even if it was a two for one deal. Two water bottles, two beds, two food dishes, two etc. Males are predisposed to already being dominant and territorial - I'd either watch them or separate them ASAP. Get in new toys, water bottles, whatever else, otherwise you're going to need to get a new cage to separate them.

3. SqueakyJoe

SqueakyJoe PetForums Newbie

Hi I had 2 male robos with the same problem,please separate.This is bullying,my robo lost weight and fur thru stress,now he lives on his own he has put on weight and his fur has grown back,he seems very happy to know he doesn’t have to fight for food anymore

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice