Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

HELP WITH RESCUE CAT - MAY BE OUTSIDE CAT

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by kellypersian, May 28, 2019.

1. kellypersian

kellypersian PetForums Junior

Hello,

I rescued a cat from an indoor homes adoption centre, since having her she waits by the door sometimes and scratches at the window too.

It isn't ALWAYS but i have a hunch she may be an outside cat or a cat that is used to outside.

The thing is i live in an apartment block, it is a new build block so there is a lovely greenery area in the middle of my block and there are apartments all around it, a bit like a holiday complex.

I am considering letting her out, but i am scared she wont come back, especially as all apartments look the same in the block floor after floor.

Also scared shell get trapped in a doorway as there are lots of doors and stairwells.

Any suggestions? as i say she isnt desperate to be outside but i am just not sure what to do

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Keep her inside. Give her things to do inside. A cat tree, or shelves on the wall. A variety of cat scratchers. A card board box. Play with her, establish a routine for play times so she knows when to expect it. For instance, a quick game in the morning before you leave for work, another, longer after you get home, and one more before bed time.

Make sure the screen in the window is secure so she can look out with out danger.

3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Unless I could provide direct access to a safe and secure area with the ability to go back indoors when she chooses, I wouldn’t risk it tbh.

Apart from getting lost or trapped somewhere in between, not all neighbours will be happy with a cat roaming in the communal indoor areas so I’d worry they might not be cat friendly.

AmsMam and Gallifreyangirl like this.
  4. Gallifreyangirl

Gallifreyangirl PetForums VIP

I agree keep her inside if your living in an apartment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice