Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with raw feeding

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Baby British, May 11, 2010.

1. Baby British

Baby British PetForums VIP

OK I've been exploring the idea of raw feeding due to my BSH Marley having numerous food allergies.

Having been in touch with a few suppliers it seems that a lamb meat could be viable to feed Marley but would it be detrimental to his health him only ever having one type of meat???

Also with regard to taurine - were I to supplement the meat using a powder how much would I need per meal?

Marley is currently on Grau lamb and rice but the jury is still out regarding whether he is allergic to this also so I'm resuming my research into a raw diet.

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Oh you are using the Grau food! But you are not sure whether he has got a rice allergy? Poor paws!

I think Darlings will do a rabbit that will contain some lamb but no other species (so to speak) so you could at least have two flavours.

I don't see why it would be detrimental to his health - well not more so than feeding him food that doesn't agree with him! The only worry might be that he will get fed up with only one variety :( Could you try venison?

Have you checked out Ziwi peak - their tinned food contains either venison, lamb or fish. Is he ok with fish?

Ooh, the jury is out as to whether you need to supplement taurine if you are feeding raw. I guess most would say that it cannot do any harm supplementing with some heart a few times a week - you could get the big lambs heart, chop it up and freeze portions. Or prawns if he can eat fish.

Otherwise, I keep reading that you should supplement about 100g of taurine powder to 100 g of raw food.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice