Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with Puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Johnnybandit, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Johnnybandit

Johnnybandit PetForums Newbie

Hello,
    I have a cockerpoo boy, Archie, who is 12 weeks old, we have had him for 2 weeks now. He is very good and is lovely to be with.
    My friend who lives around the corner from us has a sister of Archie, she is also very lovely as well and is a bit smaller.
    When Archie is just out by himself he loves playing with any dogs or humans who will will play with him, he cries when they go though!

However when he plays with his sister Ruby they both go mad and will not leave each other alone and the play looks like it will get out of hand between them, this can go on for up to 20-30 mins then they will have a short rest then they will be off again! They both as bad as each other in that way, it is the only time he barks as well!

Is there anything that I can do to help them both play nicely with each other and to give each other a rest from fighting all the time? Or is is because they are brother and sister?

We are meant to be going camping all togeather next month but this could spoil our enjoyment of our holiday togeather!

Thanks for any help

John

2. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Hi John, i personaly think they just feel comfortable with each other.I have 2 poodles that i got 2 weeks apart and they still behave like your puppy and they are almost 2. :D:D

3. rona

rona Guest

I agree, they have known each other since birth, so it's no holds barred for them.
    With other dogs there is always the little sensible bit of their brain kicks in.
    Best of luck when you go away, you'll need it :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice