Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with pet snail

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by Kailey, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Kailey

Kailey PetForums Newbie

A few months ago I accidentally brought home a snail from a flower shop in town. I've been housing him since July, but as of recently he's been getting dry too often and has made a nasty habit of falling from her perched position. He likes to sleep high above the ground and when he falls, he's been lucky to not have hurt himself, except for this last time.
    He hit a hard rock in the terrarium, one that I have since removed, and now there is a small but noticeable crack in his shell. From what I can tell, it isn't deep and didn't split his shell, but I'm still very worried. I don't know what to do and I really don't want him to be getting hurt anymore! I'm scared for him and I just don't know what to do.
    I'm trying to keep him enclosure moist and humid as possible, warm and never cold. However, this problem only seemed to begin near the end of September. Is something supposed to change with the turn of the season for him?
    Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Acrophylla

Acrophylla PetForums Member

I always use the soft liners on the floors of my snail tanks. They work really well because they cushion the impact if a snail falls off. You wet the liner before putting it in the tank and this raises the humidity. They have been around for years, a business called Small-Life Supplies sells them on-line.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice