Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with new puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Jobeth, May 23, 2010.

1. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

Hi-How can I stop my puppy always trying to bite and play with things like newspaper, towels and even the poop bag? It is making it really difficult to dry her or even pick up her mess as she nips the bag. I'm trying to distract him with toys.

Also she always goes to the toilet after I bring her in after a walk round the garden (he isn't old enough to go elsewhere yet.) He also sits down when I try to take him for a walk and doesn't seem to really enjoy it.

2. hutch6

hutch6 PetForums VIP

Hi,

When you say newspaper are you talking about one that has been spread out for house training, when you are trying to read it or when it drops through the letterbox?

When you are drying her does she bite it for a tug o war or bite it to get ot to go away?

The poop bag seems to be a sign of whatever is in your hand is a toy and a toy for biting.

Have you taught the leave command at all?

3. mum2three

mum2three PetForums Junior

Toilet training is frustrating, just have to keep taking her out regular and if she does something, big praise. Also you will start to learn the signs that she wants to go. Sounds disgusting but I started to notice my lads erm, bottom hole, started sticking out seconds before he squated and he paced around the room before doing both. Later he got a habit of standing by the patio door and having a pee there cause he could see the garden:rolleyes:. All behind us now and you will get there with a bit of hard work.

Leave command a big must, very useful and not too hard too train, not sure it will work with the towel drying but you never know.

Think most pups are not to keen on the walk at first, probably more to do with being on the lead than being on a walk. I'm sure it won't take her long to start loving it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice