UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have today been to look at some collie puppies and in 2 weeks time I am due to collect a beautiful black and white female border collie. I like unusual names but we have mostly had boys so have list of boy names but no girls names. I love different names, currently I have a Stryder, Weasel, Seren and Griffin. Would like a 2 syllabul name that is unusual but pretty. So far we have come up with Myrtle, Isla, Mable, Niamh and Portia but none of those seem quite right. Any suggestions welcome and appreciated :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have today been to look at some collie puppies and in 2 weeks time I am due to collect a beautiful black and white female border collie. I like unusual names but we have mostly had boys so have list of boy names but no girls names. I love different names, currently I have a Stryder, Weasel, Seren and Griffin. Would like a 2 syllabul name that is unusual but pretty. So far we have come up with Myrtle, Isla, Mable, Niamh and Portia but none of those seem quite right. Any suggestions welcome and appreciated :)
My boyfriend says his best dog was a collie, her name was Bessie.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
I think for a dog like a collie a name devired from nature always works well. Look around see what is about at the moment and it will come to you. ;)

G

·
I was told years ago that names ending in eee sound carry further when yelled long distance. Other than that, it's up to you and your personal likes.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I lik Phoenix which is quite unisex- i wanted to call Olly phoenix, but it didnt suit hi. :-(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.