Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Help with my dog

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by TinkerBell75, Feb 6, 2018.

1. TinkerBell75

TinkerBell75 PetForums Newbie

My yorkie gave birth around three weeks ago She would not stay in the welping box she wanted to be on my lap now she keeps on moving her babies to my bed

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Have you begun weaning the pups?

It sounds as though your bitch is torn between being with you or with her pups.

Could you buy a puppy pen and arrange it so that your bitch an get in with her pups when she wishes and back out again, but doesn't find it easy to move the pups?

3. TinkerBell75

TinkerBell75 PetForums Newbie

Tried that but her puppies were born almost a week early and they’re just getting their eyes open so they have not started to wean they’re starting to crawl and they try to get themselves to my bed as well

4. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

No, they don't. They may be trying to follow their Mum, but pups of that age have no idea what they're doing.

You need to set something up so that your bitch can get in and out with her pups. Watch her carefully and, if she begins attempting to pick the pups up to bring them to your bed, stop her.

Be sure mum and pups are warm enough in their whelping box.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice