Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with musk turtle

Discussion in 'Turtles and Tortoises' started by Peanut58, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Peanut58

Peanut58 PetForums Newbie

Hi I'm new to this forum and just looking for some help.

The last few days my 2 year old musk has been acting different. He has always been a big basker and let's me pet him whilst basking but recently he seems very lethargic whilst basking like sometimes it takes a few minutes for him to even register im there, takes longer to open his eyes etc.
    He has me very worried but then he will jump into the water and seems totally fine. Swimming fine, no mucus from the nose/mouth etc.
    Has always been a great eater but I waved a bit of chicken in front of him tonight and he didn't budge from his dock. He would usually take your finger off for a bit of chicken. But 10 mins later he was off his dock eating it.
    I don't know if I'm being paranoid but he seems to have some symptoms of RI one min and seems fine the next.
    Water temp is usually about 24 degrees Celsius, I've raised it to 28/29 in case of ri.
    I'm also concerned about his shell, gradually noticed it as bad the last couple of days. Is it normal shedding or shell rot?
    He(she i think) is my first turtle so have no experience so any help would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Peanut58

Peanut58 PetForums Newbie

Update - hes currently on the basking dock with his mouth wide open and made a funny noise, like a chirping. Is this signs of ri?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice