Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Help with leopard gecko vitamins and calcium

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by Xemas, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Xemas

Xemas PetForums Newbie

hi im getting my first leopard gecko next week and i just want to double check on something. I brought
    Repti Calcium® with D3 however i just want to double check if i will need to buy multivitamins as well or not at all and that the repti calcium i brought has what the geckos needs to be healthy.

2. cat001

cat001 PetForums VIP

You will also want a vitamin powder specific for leopard geckos as the calcium/D3 is only for calcium homeostasis, not full nutrition. The calcium with D3 is good for dusting the bugs a few times a week (they don't require dusting every feed) but I'd get pure calcium carbonate for leaving in the encloure for the gecko to access whenever he/she wants as it's possible over-suppliment with D3. I tend to prefer using pure calcium and providing UV light for natural production of D3 as it's better regulated that way but the important thing is the animal recieves the vitamin in appropriate levels. You will also want to gut-load the bugs (feed them foods that are nutritious).

3. Xemas

Xemas PetForums Newbie

i knew about gut loading luckily but didn't know about the pure calcium and vitamins this has helped massively thank you. Will order some vitamins a pure calcium powder in a few and now i feel a lot more relaxed about getting my gecko.
    Again thanks for your time and advice.

4. cat001

cat001 PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice