Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with fun show...the finer details!!

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Jrtz_rock, May 13, 2010.

1. Jrtz_rock

Jrtz_rock PetForums Junior

Ok so im well on the way to getting most of my classes sponsored ...im down to 3 now! I woud love some advice on a certain class......

I have 2 young handler classes - Child (5-10 years old) and Junior 11 - 16 years old).....Now i have sponsors for one of them but i dont know what to do for prizes...Should i stick to somoething for the dog...toys, biscuits etc or do you think i should go along the lines of a prize for the handler?? Toys r Us Voucher, HMV voucher, metro centre voucher something like that??

They get a rosette anyway but unsure which way to go on this one as its more about the handler than the dog (Id still stick a bag of treats in for the dog though!)

Any help apreciated!!

2. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

when we have had handling classes for the kids we gave money as a prize and a cup for the best handler of the 2 age groups :thumbup:

3. Jrtz_rock

How much did you give for each place? I have only the sponsor money to work off which isnt a great deal.

4. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

we gave a fiver to each 1st place winner and then they both competed for the cup for the best handler:thumbup:

any one else in the classes got sweets out of a tin

5. waggytailsstore

waggytailsstore PetForums Senior

Wish you luck with that one! Are there any schools or youth clubs that could sponsor you? Scout group,brownies or guides etc?

Hi Aurora, nice to see you back on the forum again, are you going to Devon? We're there next week.

6. Jrtz_rock

I like the idea of giving money to 1st place but just speculating...the ages are from 4 to 16.... so i dont think competing would be a good idea if it was to turn out each end of the scale!! so maybe sweety goody bags are he way to go for 2nd and third! Will have a bit think on it but if anyone else has any ideas that would be great!

Im still in the process of contacting people to sponsor...its quite strange all my class sponsors have come to me though!! Got some nice donations for raffle prizes though so all is going well!!

7. Jrtz_rock

Any organisers ofer advice on getting a refreshment van? Burger or ice cream? Do i charge? If so how much is a reasonable amount? Im doing teas and coffees and drinks etc but im worried i wont cater or enough so want a back up plan!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice