Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with Food Bowl

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by smorg1966, Aug 3, 2009.

1. smorg1966

smorg1966 PetForums Newbie

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

Does anyone know if there is a product out there that seals a cat bowl while it is not being used, but will open to allow the feline friend to eat whenever they want to. At the moment I am having to check my cats food regularly incase any flies have laid there eggs on it. I am hoping that someone has a product whereby when the cat approaches the food bowl his weight will lift the lid allowing acces but when the cat has finished the lid automaticaly closes.

Any help much appreciated

2. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Hiya There is!!

I see it forsale in Your Cat Magazine cant remember what its called!

Its a box which the cat can open & shut itself (seriously) with its nose when it want to eat!

no timer just like a box with a thingy at the front!

maybe type it in in google?! lol!

3. Tillski

Tillski PetForums Member

That would be really helpful; having the back door open in hot weather (what little we have) and as we have no catflap we have to leave it open a bit when Tilly is in the garden too so we find flies a big problem as the cat meat is a big attraction for them; they drive me mad and I don’t like the idea of them on her food!!

4. Tillski

Tillski PetForums Member

Found this on google

Cat Food Pedal Bowl - an ingenious way for your cat to feed itself! by Gadgets & Gizmos - www.thepresentfinder.co.uk secure online shop

Cat Food Pedal Bowl - an ingenious way for your cat to feed itself!

We've seen it all now! This must be the perfect present for that cat lover. Within seconds cats get the message of how to reach their food (aren't they so clever!) – protected from flies inside a clear, transparent cover, which lifts when the cat steps on the pedal. Plus – the Pedal Bowl reduces the smell of cat food because the bowl is covered when not in use. Made of smooth, dishwasher-proof easy-to-clean plastic, it is a really well-designed product for all cat lovers who wish to improve the health of their cat. The Pedal Bowl won the prestigious Tomorrow's World ‘Best Invention’ Award on BBC Television. Bowl size: 16cm (6") across. Only available in pink - sorry boy cats!

Attached Files:

5. smorg1966

smorg1966 PetForums Newbie

Thanks for the reply's.

Funny how I could'nt find any such item in a pet store. Yet there it is on present finder for humans. What a wonderful world we live in:wink5:

6. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Thats not the one I was thinking of but still good!

they invented this one due to flys!

7. Tillski

Tillski PetForums Member

8. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

Hee Hee Hee
    Did anyone type in Cat in the search box like the website suggests. Had a bit of a giggle over the tea towel holder and pencil sharpener!!

Not that I'll be buying them may I add:smilewinkgrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice