Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

help with dog seatbelt

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Carla-Jade, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

as a lot of you know i was unlucky enough to have lsot my job last friday so im determined to keep active & positive im off out tomorrow with willow for a pottter taking photographs.

Today i bought her a doggy seat belt that attaches to her collar & clips to the seat belt. cos she is a whippet, im afraid if i use it to attach to the coller & she jumps to the footwell it might hang her or hurt her neck. so to all those people who have used these, is it better to attach them to her harness?

help please!

2. morsel

morsel PetForums Senior

I wouldnt attatch it to a collar. I'd attatch it to a harness. It seems like common sense to me:001_smile:

3. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

it seemed the right thing to do but as the instructions said to attach it to the collar i thought it best to check i was right with the lovely people here

4. morsel

morsel PetForums Senior

I think it'll be a matter of opinion. I would personally go along with your thinking on the matter.

5. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

she is a bit of a jumper usually, so i will try it on the harness tomorrow to see how she goes with it. hope you like it willow!!

6. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

I use a harness for my dogs including the Mals for that very reason. I'd never use a collar to attach especially on a Whippet - my trainer told me of a horrifying story of a Whippet on a collar with a flexi lead, just to say it was a fatal incident :( she said Whippets have delicate necks and wouldn't advise anyone to use anything which may be forceful on their necks.

With a harness you have peace of mind too, which makes the whole drive less stressful. :)

7. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

my thoughts exacyly. i hate to see a whippet on a flexi lead. my pair are wquitebexcitable and have great strength desoite their size. i walk them on bith but use the harness as a main hold, the collar attachnent is there purely to stop them slipping their harness which they have done wirh the teainer when rhe harnews was quitwe a snug fit! harness and searbelt it shall be, she will be quite consued why she

8. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:lol: Go to sleep, you :p

xxxx

9. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Yep attach to a harness.. :)

10. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Could I get one that fitted Bumble? :confused:

Em
    xx

11. momentofmadness

:lol; :lol: :lol: Try the rabbit section.. :)

My sis has one for her tiny jack Russell.. :) Not a rabbit one. I think she got it from Robinsons country leisure... they are on line.. :)

12. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That made me laugh diet coke through my nose :rolleyes:

Em
    xx

13. momentofmadness

Oh My Goodness.. I bet that hurt.. :eek: not to mention you will have a sticky nose in the morning.. :lol:

14. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Luckily it was going flat :thumbup:

made a mess of my computer though :rolleyes: :lol:

Em
    xx

15. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

is that cos your a skank??!!! :lol: :lol: :D you love me really ;) xxxxxx

16. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Just to repeat what everyone else has said, its better used on a harness. ;)

17. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

cheers. im off out later so will try it out! wil be a massive help i think :D

18. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

i have baught one for my chihuahua and i allways attach it to the harness, its the safest way. :)

19. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

my mate has asked about thsi for her chi, where did you get yours from? jsut so i can tell her!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice