Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with change of kibble!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Sezzastar, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Sezzastar

Sezzastar PetForums Senior

Ok, So i know I said we are switching to a RAW diet but things have come up and we cannot afford it this month. My motorcycle has a rear puncture AND something wrong with the ht leads and if its not fixed then I can't get to work :mad: We've researched raw a lot and feel we are ready to start it when we have the money.

What I wanted to ask was:

Since a lot of members on here know a lot about what ingredients etc are in pet foods, would there be a similar food that I could put my Charlie on to help his itching. He came to us on the Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and we tried to move him over to a kibble that Ozzy is on but he started itching badly, so we moved him back to purina, the itching is still there but has dyed down a lot. But this seems to be bad quality and overpriced too. Is there one that is similar? I do keep away from giving him treats, there is a pack of treats we have that are hypo allergenic fishy ones.

We are due to take him to the vets later today to have his microchip details changed and a check up/booster. Maybe I could ask them about his itchy skin?

I was thinking of putting him on Eden or Arden & Grange. Poor chap, don't want him eating crap yet don't want him itching!:sosp:

I'm betting when we start the raw diet his skin will become so much better, can't wait!

2. Pinkchi

Pinkchi PetForums Member

What kibble is your other dog on? Your right Pro Plan is pretty poor quality.

I'd probably go for a fish based kibble such as James Wellbeloved or Wainwrights salmon & potato or Fishmongers as the fish oils may help with the itching. Or go for a high quality kibble and supplement with salmon oil for the coat & skin. Eden is great and very competitively priced against Orijen. There is also Applaws, Taste of the wild & Acana and JWB and wainwrights also do grain free formulas. Arden Grange is better than cheaper kibble but not as good as the others i've mentioned

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice