UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So i know I said we are switching to a RAW diet but things have come up and we cannot afford it this month. My motorcycle has a rear puncture AND something wrong with the ht leads and if its not fixed then I can't get to work :mad: We've researched raw a lot and feel we are ready to start it when we have the money.

What I wanted to ask was:

Since a lot of members on here know a lot about what ingredients etc are in pet foods, would there be a similar food that I could put my Charlie on to help his itching. He came to us on the Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and we tried to move him over to a kibble that Ozzy is on but he started itching badly, so we moved him back to purina, the itching is still there but has dyed down a lot. But this seems to be bad quality and overpriced too. Is there one that is similar? I do keep away from giving him treats, there is a pack of treats we have that are hypo allergenic fishy ones.

We are due to take him to the vets later today to have his microchip details changed and a check up/booster. Maybe I could ask them about his itchy skin?

I was thinking of putting him on Eden or Arden & Grange. Poor chap, don't want him eating crap yet don't want him itching!:sosp:

I'm betting when we start the raw diet his skin will become so much better, can't wait!

·
Registered
278 Posts
What kibble is your other dog on? Your right Pro Plan is pretty poor quality.

I'd probably go for a fish based kibble such as James Wellbeloved or Wainwrights salmon & potato or Fishmongers as the fish oils may help with the itching. Or go for a high quality kibble and supplement with salmon oil for the coat & skin. Eden is great and very competitively priced against Orijen. There is also Applaws, Taste of the wild & Acana and JWB and wainwrights also do grain free formulas. Arden Grange is better than cheaper kibble but not as good as the others i've mentioned

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.