Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with border collie puppy please

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Barry67frank, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Barry67frank

Barry67frank PetForums Newbie

304A6BEA-3767-47A7-94B3-7A27017063E0.jpeg EBC2FA34-3F69-4FD6-8E97-C7F8E307A7D5.jpeg 9E193565-459A-400D-AF84-B804168C4061.jpeg Hello, please can I have some advice!! I have just brought a 5 month old border collie puppy into my home. He seems fine, just a little nervous. However, I have noticed a brown thing what looks like a piece of stick. When I’ve tried to touch it he flinches like it hurts him. I’m a little worried as a first time puppy owner. I have tried to add photos but he’s so energetic they’re all blurred :(

2. Peggypegs

Peggypegs PetForums Member

Can you see if it has any legs as the photos makes look like a tick. If it’s a tick it should be easy to remove.

If you have a tick remover just pull it off as instructed on the packet; if not use a pair of tweezers making sure you grip it as close to the skin as possible and take it off in one motion making sure not to leave any of the mouth parts in the skin. You’ll have to hold him really still if you use the tweezers though.

If it’s not a tick give your vet a phone and they be able to tell you weather or not they will need to check it for you.

lullabydream likes this.
  3. Barry67frank

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate that

4. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

If it's a tick, corkscrew it out rather than pulling straight out.

5. Barry67frank

Thank you both! Turns out it wasn’t a tick, but it’s removed now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice