Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with beddlington whippet

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kaz/beddywhipp, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Kaz/beddywhipp

Kaz/beddywhipp PetForums Newbie

Hi @Rafa
    Hi @Dog-dogs i tried to reply to you last night but for some reason it kept saying there was a problem. Thanks for your well wishes he did pick up around 8pm last night. He’s been much better today but still not 100% he’s currently eating Ava sensitive stomach which I’m slowly changing him onto and has had any treats that are on offer, he also steals food and eats any poo. So it’s bit challenging keeping a strict diet although I am now embracing this.
    I have had a vets app with him today they took bloods, want a 24 hour stool samples, and have given him pro-kolin enterogenic powders. The vets thinks it’s either ibd as you suggested @Rafa or a bug which is lingering from March when he originally became unwell, the stool sample with id this. Fingers crossed they can get to the bottom of it soon.
    thanks again for your support, I will update again soon.

Dog-dogs and Rafa like this.
  2. Kaz/beddywhipp

Kaz/beddywhipp PetForums Newbie

Hi @Rafa and @Dog-dogs hope you guys are well, we have had the results back from Jax’s bloods they were all clear, his stool sample showed a low positive to giardia which is a parasite. The vet thinks it has been there since he was in well in March and has kept flaring up so she prescribed a 3 day wormer to treat it which he’s now had. With the hope that that kills it off, if not there is something else they can give him but it’s very strong so we will see how he is first.
    He has been ok since the episode just before the vets visit so hopefully it’s now treated. He’s still on Ava sensitive and needs to be careful hat he eats atm. Thank you guys for your support and well wishes. Hope you guys are all well. I will update in a few weeks as to how he’s doing then.

LinznMilly, Dog-dogs and Rafa like this.
  3. Dog-dogs

Dog-dogs PetForums Member

Appreciate you giving us an update, and hope the wormer does the trick. Just make sure you pick up any poo in your garden and regularly wash his water bowl to prevent recontamination. Hope this sorts it :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice