Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with bearded dragons needed

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by Jimbo88, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Jimbo88

Jimbo88 PetForums Newbie

Hi guys

I’ve recently acquired 2 bearded dragons from an empty house I’ve been working on. The owners have just left them and I couldn’t say no and leave them there so I’ve brought them home as I thought they will have a better life if I can learn how to care for them. They’re in separate tanks with lights and heaters as u will see on the photo. I just need abit of help as to how often to feed them, if they need lights turning on so often and how often to clean them etc. Basically everything as I’m in the dark with it all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would love them to have the best life possible. We now have fish, a dog a horse and 2 bearded dragons now lol. Will look forward to hearing off anyone who’s got experience with these gorgeous reptiles . many thanks , James.

Attached Files:

2. Liz Hall

Liz Hall PetForums Newbie

I researched alot online.
    So feeding is once a day of live food. They need greens every day too. Food needs to be sprinkled with calcium dust. A water bowl needs to be in their viv too.
    You know when they need cleaned out...once they poop it stinks!
    Putting them in a warm bath up to they armpits encourages them to poop also it helps with shedding.
    I work on 12 hours dark 12 hours light.
    My house is quite cold so I have a ceramic heat bulb on 24hours.
    Hope this helps.

3. Liz Hall

Liz Hall PetForums Newbie

Also handling them daily helps to build up trust with them.
    I never thought I'd fall in love with bearded Dragons but they are great pets x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice