Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help with barking sprocker!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by MrsKav, Nov 3, 2012.

1. MrsKav

MrsKav PetForums Junior

We are really struggling with Taffy at the mo, he is 14 months now and over the last 2 months has become really bad with his barking.
    There are two issue with him. Firstly he's turned hypersensitive - if someone closes a door 10 streets away he's barking. Loud incessant barking and there's no talking to him at all. Secondly, attention barking. It starts with little yelps and just grows to full on barking. It's a higher pitch but he's right in your face and wagging his tail. I've tried removing myself from the room. It's impossible to catch him to put him out and it turns it into a massive game of chase. He knows the meaning of the word "no" but it has no effect in this situation. We tried distraction by telling him to get his ball/toy etc but this has stopped working and seems to me we are rewarding his barking by instigating a game...
    We are both at end of tether. It's causing friction and rows. At 8pm at night I would think we are both entitled to have half hour peace on the sofa but Taff just doesn't agree!!
    As background - Taff gets two walks a day, an hr in morning and hr at night... He has plenty of toys, stimulation and I work from home so he has company and the run of the house all day...
    Any suggestions anyone? Please?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice